Thursday, March 19, 2009

Domain is Brand

Essentiality of domain don't need any intro. And the sub-url as panbilin.blogspot.com just is a excess, no guy can develop their blog base on third party.

I don't care the related expense about domain and space, the key question is how to find a domain, which would be a brand belong to me.

In my blog construct plan, I should build two blog with Chinese and English, but they have the same problem:domain. I have thought out a domain fitting with Chinese content, which is ringing and short, just six letter.but it haven't released after expiration date and I find its status is pendingDelete, perhaps I could register after five days without any other competition.

As for English blog, I have not any idea. the www.panbilin.com maybe is a good choice, at least so many person blog's domain is their first name, as much as I know, the JohnChow dot com is the famous example. Even though I have read a post that JohnChow is regret.

In fact, I enjoy some originality domain, which is novelty and difficulty to forget. For example withink,it's good to understand it's complex with with and think.howhy is another example. But it's others' creation.

Maybe some online tools could give me a little clew.as I know the registrars can help suggest good domain name ideas.After I type in the domain name I want, the online tool tell will suggest a list of other domain that I might be interested in, which usually add words before of after your search term. by now I still have not get any valuable suggest from it.

No comments: